GEARBOx Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply to the use of GEARBOx. Your use of GEARBOx and the matching results indicates your acceptance of the following Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions apply to all data obtained from GEARBOx, independent of format and method of acquisition.
The website gearbox.pedscommons.org is maintained and operated by the Pediatric Cancer Data Commons (PCDC) at the University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois and is brought to you by the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) as part of the LLS Children’s Initiative - LLS PedAL: Precision Medicine for Pediatric Acute Leukemia. For more information on PedAL please visit www.lls.org/childrens-initiative/pedal.
GEARBOx is a decision support tool that aims to help clinicians and clinical staff identify clinical trials to which to connect their patients. The tool is designed to present users with matched clinical trials based on answers to questions regarding clinical, immunophenotype, and genomic profiles of the patient.
Use of GEARBOx. Important things to understand:
- Neither the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, the Pediatric Cancer Data Commons nor the University of Chicago make any warranties, expressed or implied, representations with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the match results, and, furthermore, assume no liability for any party's use, or the results of such use, of any part of the tool.
- Your use of this tool is your responsibility and your use of the results is completely within your judgment and expertise.
- The search is performed by a software tool, without any human intervention or review. Software may contain errors; this tool is provided as is.
- The Pediatric Cancer Data Commons is not providing you with any advice or guidance. The information contained within can never be a substitute for clinical judgement.
- Clinical trials data from GEARBOx are available to all requesters, both within and outside the United States, at no charge.
- To access the tool, you must register for an account with the University of Chicago. All activities that occur under your account will be attributable to you. Do not share your account credentials with others.
- The name Pediatric Cancer Data Commons and the names and marks of each member group are owned thereby and you receive no rights to them.
This tool was created by, is operated by, the University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, United States.
These Terms and Conditions are in effect as long as the user retains any of the matches provided by GEARBOx.